Monday, May 7, 2012

TWIS #9

   My group and I had four new different specimens. We had choices either to dissect a frog or mouse- or a skate(related to a stingray) or perch(a fish). Theres four people in my group, and we had to pair up in two. My partner and I had dissect a skate and the opposite part of our group had chose to work on the perch. When we stabbed the skate's stomach. All we saw was oil and water OOZING out of it's belly. We had found the liver, stomach which we thought was a heart, and the lungs.

   From this experience with aquatic animals. I learned that the skate smells extremely bad when you get all the way inside of the animal. It has a smooth belly but a hard surface on the Dorsal view. It has lots of liver and it's stomach looks similar to a huge heart. We also learned that if you squeeze the skate's stomach, Green slimy particles comes out (Ewwww).

No comments:

Post a Comment